convert COMTEXT configuration into PROTOOL

paul lejeune

P
I have to convert a Siemens OP-15 text display configuration (programmed with COMTEXT) into a OP-17 text display (programmed with ProTool). I know there's a conversion tool available, but I can't find it.
Can anyone help me ? Thanks.

Reply to [email protected]

This sux

I am trying to do an OP5 to OP77B conversion. I have comtext and the program downloaded from Siemens called Konvert. It is under that name on their support website. The Konvert program looks for an .INI file. I have not been able to figure out how to get an .INI from my .O05 OP5 file yet though.

ALoudermilk:
I am trying to do an OP5 to OP77B conversion. I have comtext and the program downloaded from Siemens called Konvert. It is under that name on their support website. The Konvert program looks for an .INI file. I have not been able to figure out how to get an .INI from my .O05 OP5 file yet though.

Hi Al.
We also have to convert an OP5-file to a PROTOOL-file. Up to now we didn't do that, because we're still searching for COMTEXT, but the help-file of KONVERT says, how to do it.
First you have to start COMTEXT and open the OP5-project. With COMTEXT you have to "print" this project to a file. This will create an *.ini file. Next Step is to start KONVERT and open this created INI-file. I hope it'll work.

Greetings
ZIMBO