Needed GSD files.

lhughes39

Does anybody have the following GSD files?

SE5100TD.200

I beleive it is for a SEW Eurodrive although I can not find it on there website.

TRAAAB2X.200

I have no idea what this is (am trying to find the equipment on the machine.

I am greatful for any and all help.

I usually check to see what www.odva.org offers on EDS files. The closest to that was a Schenck Accurate file DISOCONT SE20100ver1.002

Without knowing what they are for its hard to find. Why would you look for EDS files for unknown devices?

Me and my dyslexia and big mouth,,,its not dnet..DOH

Still not sure about looking for something and not sure what it is but maybe I didnt understand that either.

"Still not sure about looking for something and not sure what it is but maybe I didnt understand that either."

The reason I need these two files is I am trying to import a 308C configuration from a memory card and it says those files are missing. I am also doing it the long way ,finding all the equipment and parts on the bus, but there are some areas of the machine that I can only get to during a complete shutdown. That is where the unkown part is located. According to the documentaion it has been replaced, but nobody here was around when it was replaced. The documentation does not list what it was replaced with (ie.. manufaturer, model #) so until I can get in side and look I am trying to find what the memeory card said it was. The first file forthe SEW Drive I was able to recreate, but the second is impossible to do that at this point in time.

LHughes39

These files you've mentioned are not GSD files. GSD files have the extension (wait for it...) .GSD and are the accepted Profibus Organisation's standard way of presenting DDB files (device database files).

The .200 extension is what was referred to as a 'type' file and was used by Siemens with their COM ET 200 network configuration software. Originally COM ET 200 was used purely for building network configurations based on Siemens' SINEC L2 network. Much of the L2 design & thinking was eventually adopted by the Profibus Organisation as the basis for Profibus DP. Among the interface modules in Siemens' PLCs for L2 were the IM308 you've mentioned. The COM ET 200 software would take the .200 type files for any slaves to be attached to the network and assemble the configuration to be loaded to the newtork master.

Of course, once Profibus established an independent status, and especially after the German Standards Organisation (D I N ) awarded it a DIN number, Siemens then concentrated all development on Profibus and SINEC L2 was suppressed. The previous software was now replaced by COM Profibus which could handle both .200 and .GSD files. The interface modules were upgraded (IM308A -> IM308B -> IM308C) to handle all the new functionality of Profibus etc. I don't believe any manufacturer will have been developing or maintaining .200 type files for their devices for the past 10 years or so. You may have real difficulty obtaining these from online sources. Forums like this are almost certainly your best bet. I don't have the .200s you need, but you may strike lucky.

Regards

Ken.

Thanks for the history. I new some, butnot much of the history. I am a newbie at this profibus thing (got it dumped in my lap) so I am sure I have alot more to learn. Suprisingly I was able to find the TRAAAB2X.200 file. It was a Encoder. As far as I can tell we do not acctually have this companies Encoder any more, but the new one works the same. The SE5100TD.200 file I beleive has been updated by SEW to SEW_5100.GSD I will find out tonight if that file will work in place of the old one. If not I will follow the advice of Mark above and call SEW.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions.