Intellution Fix32 Download

Greetings kcarlen,
Recently, I searched for it and didn't find any link to download.

But I did find this: iPower SCADA CD request

This software is an add-on (or something like that!) on the iFix SCADA software, So the CD 'll containg a demo version of both iFix32 and iPower.

I would try a local Intellution dealer. I know that Fix32 is a "mature" product, but there are lot of sites still using it. I'm one of them. You could still purchase Fix32 last year, but I have not tried to purchase anything for Fix32 in about 6-8 months.

Worse case they no longer sell it, and the dealer has an unneeded copy on hand.

Ken

I am not sure about a download but if you can get hold of a Fix32 CD (try your Intellution/GE rep) you can run the entire application in Demo mode for up to 2 hours without a key.

Thanks Guys.
I actually need the developer's edition I guess because I need to move some buttons from one page to another.

What a waste of money.

If you only need to edit some existing screens then you can do this in Demo mode. You will of course need a runtime key to run the application in the field.

Actually, fix32 demo mode works in runtime as well. The 2 hour limit still applies. The only thing that will not work without the licence is networking between SCADA nodes and view nodes.

I do a lot of Fix32 work for a major UK client and use demo mode exclusively for off site developemnt. It gives you an excuse for a coffee break every 2 hours.

Work on site is not a problem as they have a full runtime and developement dongle.

I actually need the developer's edition I guess because I need to move some buttons from one page to another.

If you already have a running system, just power it down, remove the dongle, power back up. You now have two hours of demo mode.
In demo mode you can do development, runtime, everything almost. So you can then move your buttons around, when you're finished, power down, replace dongle, power up, and you're back in runtime.

I do it all the time, when I just need to change one or two items.

Thanks Guys.

Am I to beleive that if I have a PC with an application running on it...and the key is installed on the back to the LPT port.... I can power down and re-boot to Win95 and use the software?
I am not sure how the whole system works, but my system boots to Win95, then runs the app immediately.
I need to intervein with a keyboard in order to stop the boot process.
Would the FIX327.0 be installed so that I can complete the changes on the application?
I was led to believe that the system ran a "runtime" file only, much like AB Pv+ Machine Edition.
Am I wrong?

.... I can power down and re-boot to Win95 and use the software?

Yes. You switch from View.exe to Draw.exe via CTRL-Q. If you have a runtime only key attached you will get an error message saying something like you're not allowed to use Draw. If you don't have the key installed, you can use Draw as it's now in a 2 hour demo mode.

Use CTRL-Q into Draw, make your changes, CTRL-Q back into View. Screens (Pictures as they are called) are typically stored in the c:\FIX32\PIC dir.

I am not sure how the whole system works, but my system boots to Win95, then runs the app immediately.

FIX.exe is in the Startup Group or somewhere else. The SCU.exe program configures Startup Tasks in FIX, one would be View (with the picture to load) , another would be the I/O driver.

Would the FIX327.0 be installed so that I can complete the changes on the application?

Unless someone deleted the SCU.exe and Draw.exe, you'll find all the files in the FIX32 ( or WDMACS) dir.

I was led to believe that the system ran a "runtime" file only, much like AB Pv+ Machine Edition.
Am I wrong?

I don't know PV+ ME, but I know of no runtime only files in FIX, except Message Handler generated pointer files.

I need to intervein with a keyboard in order to stop the boot process.

No. Don't do it. Also for W95, there maybe a couple of entries inthe Autoexec.bat file setting PATH's.

Do it only if you can't CTRL-Q to Draw. Then use the SCU - Configure - Tasks to disable running View upon startup.

When you power down and remove the dongle, at reboot FixView will not run because you will not have a license. You will get a popup asking for the key, or you can select demo mode.

Can communication be established between two SCADA nodes?

Can two SCADA nodes communicate without licence i.e . in demo mode?

keithb said:
Actually, fix32 demo mode works in runtime as well. The 2 hour limit still applies. The only thing that will not work without the licence is networking between SCADA nodes and view nodes.

I do a lot of Fix32 work for a major UK client and use demo mode exclusively for off site developemnt. It gives you an excuse for a coffee break every 2 hours.

Work on site is not a problem as they have a full runtime and developement dongle.

Fix32 network

aju said:
Can two SCADA nodes communicate without licence i.e . in demo mode?

No in demo mode "network option" is disabled. So no scada / view communication can be made between PC's. It's one of the few limitations between demo mode and key mode (dongle).