Installing Intellution Fix32 on windows 7

kwm985

Hello,

We have quite a few PC's running Intellution Fix32. We are in the process of upgrading them one by one but we would like to have backup pc's incase of failure. We are trying to install on windows 7 and keep getting the error

Setupkey: error starting key service. Err = 6

We have the port connector on the machine.

Any help would be appreciated.
We have installed this in the past on XP machines.

1. Open the Control Panel and click on the Devices icon.

2. Check to see if the Parallel and Sentinel drivers are started. If they are not started, highlight them, and click on the start button.

3. If the Sentinel driver does not start, the latest sentinel driver should be loaded. It can be downloaded from Rainbow''s web site (http://www.rainbow.com). Once this driver is loaded on the system, you will need to reboot the PC. Be sure to cycle power to the PC to reboot, as a soft-boot may not make the proper initializations.

OR

Reload the driver from FIX7 CD-ROM by running the Custom Install program and placing a check mark in front of FIX Support Only. Then continue with the installation.

4. When the PC restarts, check the devices again and make sure that the devices are now started.

5. If SENTINEL is not listed in the Device list, reference the Rainbow''s homepage (http://www.rainbow.com) for more troubleshooting and installation help.

Mark

Thanks a lot guys. Tried those ideas and still not having luck. I think we are going to have to use windows XP till we upgrade the HMI software. Thanks for the help.

I've gotten it working by copying the install to the hard drive. Then run the install in compatibility mode for Win2000 in 256 colors. It will seem to pause for a very long time but it should let you past the error. Least, always has when I've installed it.

Running Fix32 on an XP

Fix32 runs flawlessley on XP

The reason you are getting the "Setupkey: error starting key service. Err = 6" message is that when you install from the original Fix32 Ver7 setup disk, it looks for a parallel port on the machine. If the computer has no parallel port the above error is reported and the installation stops. Intellution resolved this problem by releasing a setup disk in 2003 that bypasses looking for a parallel port. Unfortunately, Intellution no longer support Fix32 and will not supply any help in this matter ... (this has been my experience). Fortunately, I found a copy of this disc in our library and am able to install Fix32 on XP machines with no problem. I am going to attempt to install Fix32 on Win7 (32bit) next week and will update you guys as to how it works.

SCADA and FIX32 expert needed urgently

Dear All,

I need urgently an expert on FIX32 for my plant. Please contact me on 00447411904124 UK number to give us a hand. Ours is an spray drying plant. We are looking for somebody to help us and we are willing to pay for the service.

Noel Cardona