repeating a section of your LD

teruotor

I will like to repeat a certain section of my ladder diagram, but I am unsure as to how to do this, I will like to have about 6 lines repeat themselves, if a particular input is selected.

I know this is a beginner question, which I am, but I will appreciate if I got a response.

sub routines

hi Teruotor...

well...is your whole program consist of 6 rungs..??

or does it contain more rungs , but you only want to repeat these 6 line(rungs) ???

if so..you can draw these 6 lines in a subroutine (if your software has this facility) and call it on every scan in you main program...

sorry I am not sure about your software...(ecomot 100) never had to deal with it!!

hope this helps. khalil.

thanks,
it consist of more than 6 lines but i need to repeat them if a certain button is pushed, i will look into the software to see if i can call a subroutine, this is the first time I have ever had to create a plc program. Thanks again for the response, i will apreciate it if any one else has other suggestions too

post what you have tried so far and we will help...

as I dont know what is it that you are trying to do!!
you can do this without a subroutine...but we need to see you logic first.

best regards.khalil.

Teruotor: If your PLC has a scan cycle like every PLC i've worked on, the entire program will repeat itself as long as it is in "run" mode. Make sure you understand the operation of your PLC in order to figure out what exactly needs to be changed. What is it that you need to accomplish exactly?

I guess I'm confused by the phrase "repeat themselves".

Do you mean that you want a specific set of operations and logic to operate continuously when a certain input is turned on? In that case you use a normally open contact with the input's address at the beginning of the rungs. When the input is on the logic will execute.

Do you mean that you want to execute similar logic with different adresses depending on which input is pressed? In that case copy the rungs and change addresses as required.

Do you mean that you want a certain set of logic to execute once after an input is pressed. In that case you need to use the input to set a bit and then reset it after the logic is executed. There are many ways of doing this, but I prefer to use holding contacts.

A little better explanation of your problem will get better answers. This is not a common PLC, so you may get only generic answers.

It should be this easy...

Here is sample 4 rungs, all have one common bit, to activate the rungs:
EcoPlus.jpg

Just set the common bit when you want these rungs activated...

I will like to repeat a certain section of my ladder diagram, but I am unsure as to how to do this, I will like to have about 6 lines repeat themselves, if a particular input is selected.
I dont think anyone understands what is meant by "6 lines repeat themselves, if a particular input is selected."

With a plc if the input condition is "TRUE" and all other conditions are "TRUE" then all lines of code associated to those conditions will be "TRUE" until such time as a condition goes "FALSE"

Be more specific. Are you having a problem with an output staying on?

Do you have a situation where an action needs to be repeated..ie if button A is pushed it repeats 3 times, if button B is pushed it repeats 6 times. The action could be extend/retract of a cylinder etc. Button A or B could be external sensors that trigger the action.

Looks like he figured it out and we will never know what the question or answer was.

yes, i have a sequence of events(15 rungs total) that need to be repeated one after the other to accomplish a task. This sequence occures once when a pedal is pushed. There is a button-that u can press( it is optional), called "the double button". It purpose to have this sequence repeated twice. As I am a begineer. I dont understand how to get this sequence repeated. I know that the PLC executes the code, rung by rung from top to bottom, but how do i get it to repeat thoes 15 runs twice when the " double button is pressed". Sorry for my vague description of the problem earlier. i hope that now, someone may be able to answer my question.
Thanks again