PLC5 network Diagram

sandymax

hi all,
i have query related to PLC 5
can any one have a Network Diadram having PLC5 as Main Processor.
with RIO + RIO Digital input Output module + Panel view 600

i am designing one Nnetwork i know Micrologix PLC but I am stucked at PLC5 net work

Looking forward for your help

Regards
Sandeep Patil

RIO networks are very easy with a PLC 5. If you only have two nodes (PanelView and a rack of I/O). You'll just connect "blue hose" (belden 9463 cable) in a daisy chain from the PLC channel to the RIO rack, and to the PanelView. Connect the blue wire to pin one at each device, and the clear colored wire to pin 2. connect the shield to the center pin. Route your cabling as far away from control wiring and motor leads as possible. Install the correct termination resistors at each end device. RIO can (sometimes) be configured for different baud rates. Standard is 57.6k. Depending on which PLC5 processor you're using there are other limitations. Go to ab.com and download a copy of the PLC5 user manual for your processor. You should read the entire section on RIO comms before proceeding.

Here is a link to PLC5 manuals.

Is it possible using micrologix 1500 ?

Dear all,
I have one projects where 12 Stations are their each Sations are having 25 number of DI Do Ai AO 's

if i can go for Micrologix 1500 Plc for each station which protocol i shold go for connecting Micrologix at a long distance
Can i go for Ethernet bacause i need faster respoance time
Also i need to hook up this system to Siemens CPU 135U on profibus

Pls suggest possible Network considering Length 3 Km (repaters)
Can i go for Ethernet with profibus connectivity

Thanks
Sandeep Patil