S7-314 communikation problem

wwlederer

Please help!
After a trial of transferring a programm from one machine to another similar (S7-314) I can't get online any more. I use MPI adapter. WinSPS V1.46 plc-programm on compaq nx9030 laptop with WindowsXP SP2.
How can I fix the problem?
Thanks in advance. Wal

Thank You for the answer.
The machines are not connected to one network. Only three devices are connected: Laptop + S7-314 + Operational Panel OP7. I tried to switch off the OP7, but no differences.

I found out that, if I put in "Off" switch "On-Off" (on the profibus that connect S7-314 and operational panel OP7), communication is OK. I downloaded one by one all the blocks of the programm, but when I put the switch back to "On", was no communication again with the same error massage "Secondary baudrate not equal 187.5 kBaud".

wwlederer said:
I found out that, if I put in "Off" switch "On-Off" (on the profibus that connect S7-314 and operational panel OP7), communication is OK. I downloaded one by one all the blocks of the programm, but when I put the switch back to "On", was no communication again with the same error massage "Secondary baudrate not equal 187.5 kBaud".

Hello wwlederer;
What switch are you refering to? The termination switch on the Profibus connector? Or the Run switch on a Profibus CP (342-5, for example)?

Please give an idea of your harware components, and distance between CPU and HMI; this might help. Also, check the communication settings on the OP7: what bus speed is specified?

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Hello Daniel!
I am not sure. It is written: PROFIBUS 6GK1500-0EA02 "On-Off". Probably termination. I tried in both positions, it looks like the machine responces to OP7 commands.
It is a soldering machine, use S7-314 with 3 IO-boards (DIO32DC, DO16 and DI16). The length of the cable between OP7 and S7-314 about 1.5m.
How can I check OP7 settings, bus speed? Do I need a special programm?
Thank You for the answer, Wal

Hi,
just some things to try:
Check that the baud rate is set to 187.5 in set PG/PC Interface, Its possible you have an old MPI Adaptor which doesnt support a Higher Baud Rate.

Remove the OP7 Communication cable all together and plug directly to the MPI port,Try to upload your project to your laptop and see what you get or try accessible nodes in simatic manager.

To check your OP7 Project settings you need the original Protool project and Protool software, A prosave file is no use other than backup

Hope this helps
Steve.

Last edited:
Hello wwlederer;

Let's look at the available hardware in your setup.
There are 3 versions of the OP7 available:
OP7_config.jpg

There are different versions of the S7-314 CPU; tell us the part number (if it is still readable) or at least tell us how many connectors are available on the front of the CPU (if there is more than one, they should be identified as MPI and DP or PtP).

What I am trying to find out is whether you actually have a system that uses Profibus-DP or if you are limited to an MPI conection (at 187,5 kBaud)using Profibus cable and connectors (same physical layer).

Since you are able to communicate with the PLC, open the Harware config and look at the network properties of the CPU.

Do you have Protool and a version of the OP7 original program?

hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Hi Steve,
there are only 4 baudrates available in PG/PC Interface: 19, 38, 57 and 115 kBaud. MPI adapter has a switch with 2 positions only: 19 and 38 kBauds.
Two external nodes are shown, but communication to S7-300 only (not to OP7).

Hi Daniel!
The OP7-DP is used.
The S7-314 type is:314-1AE04-0AB0. On the front of CPU there is one connector: D sub 9 pin for profibus. On the other side of the profibus adapter there is another similar connector for a MPI adapter.
I opened the Hadware Configurator, but it doesn't look very simple. What and where is important to see there?
Probably we have got a Protool program with the project. Tomorrow I'll ask our manager.

Hello wwlederer;
It seems you have a CP314 with only a MPI port, no DP; if you have only one interface it has to be MPI, for programming purposes. You are using a Profibus-DP connector with a piggy-back interface for your programmer, but you are using it as a MPI interface. The message you have indicates that one of the partners (PLC or OP7) in not set at MPI standard speed (187,5 kBaud).
Until you get your HMI program setup, start with this: Check the CPU MPI settings in your HardwareConfig (double-click on the CPU, slot 2 of your rack); it will show you whether your commecton to MPI is effective, what address has been selected, and if the network settings are for MPI. Sometimes when you copy a project network settings are not transfered.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

After replacing the new PCMCIA-RS232 adapter (Silicon)to one older USB-RS232 adapter, the problem disappeared.
Thank You very much for help, Wal