Does siemens have a flip/flop

Foty

I was wondering if siemens has a Flip/Flop function.
Basically I would like to turn on/off an output with the same input.

For example P.B.1 is pressed and let go, output on. P.B.1 is pressed and let go again, output off. :)

Lots of our equipment uses a N.O. PB to a counter file. Then you use the first binary bit of the counter ACC to activate the output.

I am not good at this but having to troubleshoot code alot I have learned a simple and easy to understand method for a toggle/flip flop circuit. This is using GE symbology but can be used in any ladder including Siemens.
Code:
[size3]
|
|%I0001                                                  %M0001
+--] [-----------------------------------------------------(^)--
|
|
|
|%M0001  %Q0001                                          %Q0001
+--] [-----]/[--+------------------------------------------( )--
|               |
|%Q0001  %M0001 |
+--] [-----]/[--+
|

This can be added to make it alternate 2 outputs
|%Q0001                                                  %Q0002
+--]/[-----------------------------------------------------( )--
|
[/size3]
.I cant speak S7-200 because my Micro/Win disk 1 is bad and wont let me reinstall but I do have Simatic S7 and I entered this code in it and even the symbology is similar.
flipflop1.bmp

I then let the software convert it to STL
stlflipflop.bmp

ALL of this is easy to understand and can be used in any plc (I think) but what makes Siemens and this Function Block stuff cool is that you can create things like this
togglefb.bmp

One of these days I am going to learn this stuff, maybe I will get it before I retire.

Last edited: