Humidity Sensor

Tom Jenkins

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm looking for a reliable and resonably accurate (±1% or 2% of Full Scale) sensor for relative humidity. I would prefer 4-20 mA output, with either insertion or flow through probe. Can anyone recommend a brand or model with which they have had good success?

Thanks,

Tom

I have had alot a good experiences with the Visala brand Werner placed a link to above. The main thing we like about them is the INTERCAP(check that) sensor head that contains the calibration data. So if the sensor drifts to far the customer just inserts a new sensor head on the probe. I don't know about your customers, but we have very few that are capable of calibrating a humidity transmitter correctly. They also have a calibration tool for the transmitters that one of my customers bought & they have been happy with that also.

Edit - I just checked and the best the intercap sensor looks like it will do is +/- 3%. Most of the stuff I have found that will come close to +/- 1% is VERY expensive and more laboratory grade. The HumiCap sensor will get to around +/- 1.5% in the more expensive transmitters.

Darren

Last edited:
Vaisala with good results on dryer exhausts containg high ammonia concentrations .

Tom,

Omega.com has several. I tried one, and it worked ok, but we let the process saturate to 100% humidity. That crapped out the sensor until we removed it and dried it out. It works well between 15 to 90% humidity, but cannot stand very high temperatures.

Lancie

Hi Tom
Long Time Since Then You Are On Side To Post Thread.
I Have Worked With Humidity Sensors Of E&h
They Are Of Fine Blend And Good Operating.