Siemens TP170A

jaichains

Hi All

I am using ProTool V6.0 SP2 with TP 170A HMI. I need to animate a circle ( which glows grey when a bit it set). I have tried everything but couldnt do it. I called up siemens support, who asked me to change the HMI to TP 170B. has anyone done animation in TP 170A, PLS REPLY. thx.

Jai.

The TP170A is quite limited with respect to graphics and animations.

But it may be possible to do it.

Try to insert a state-view. Specify Type=Two States, Display=Graphic and create bitmap graphics to suit your application. You can choose to omit the border so that only the pure graphic is displayed.

But to create anything more advanced than that will be really cumbersome on the TP170A. So a bigger panel may still be a good idea.

By the way, can something "glow" with grey color ?

I see Jesper has replied while I was typing my reply (amongst other things), I was just gonna ask Jai, how he was trying to do this at the moment, because, as Jesper stated, the TP170A is very graphics limited.

Paul

JesperMP said:
The TP170A is quite limited with respect to graphics and animations.

But it may be possible to do it.

Try to insert a state-view. Specify Type=Two States, Display=Graphic and create bitmap graphics to suit your application. You can choose to omit the border so that only the pure graphic is displayed.

But to create anything more advanced than that will be really cumbersome on the TP170A. So a bigger panel may still be a good idea.

By the way, can something "glow" with grey color ?
Dear Jesper

Thanks for your reply. i tried ur suggestion and it works, i just need simple animation in my design and tht works fine. Thx to ur reply which saved time and money for our company.

PS: i could only use grey to show if something is glowing or not in a black and white HMI...hahahahahhahah.cheers.

Jai.