Is anyone familiar with old C-H D100s?

Viper168

Hey, I've been going to school for electrical for a while now, I've currently gone through and built regular motor controls (motor starters, control relays, timer relays, etc...), Next I'll be doing solid state motor controls before I head to PLCs.

Anyways, I was given an old Cutler-Hammer D100 (8 inputs, 6 outputs) and a handheld programmer to get a head start. I also have the small reference guide but have ran into a problem or two.

I understand ladder diagrams and all, but have been having problems programming the controller. Say, every time I try to add, perhaps, a normally open contact (following the reference guide: (NO button) > 1 > 2 > PRG/WRT) I get an "OPERATE" error. On the back of the reference "card" it states : ERR 04 - OPERATE - The PC did not receive a complete/correct instruction.

Obviously I'm trying to work with what may seem to be a pitifully lacking amount of information, but I've managed to figure out a few things. Apparently the X is for the inputs, and Y is for the outputs. I figured out how to open and close the outputs through the programmer manually (Y > 0-5 > Set.... RST to close the output). But that's about it.

If anyone would be able to give me some pointers, explain the steps or conditions necessary to program the controller, I would really appreciate it. In advance, may I say that yes... I know this thing is old (1985 according to the card, which is a year older than I am) but I'm looking to learn all I can regardless. I'm not looking to be told to throw it away, or buy something newer. That said, again, I really would appreciate any assistance or information.

Also, I doubt that it will be very fruitful, but any ideas on the computer link for this thing? I've got 5 terminals, what type of connector do these end up as? Any other information? Anyways, I still doubt any good will come from figuring out the cable, as I use linux (so most windows/dos software is reasonably useless).

Thanks.

Hi,

Just click on the Search button above and type d100. I got 35 thread references that way. Also toshiba EX20 or EX40 is in the same family. There are links included in some of the threads that will point you to toshiba EX20 manuals. Let me know if I can help any further.

Sid