Dl06 ?

AGENTTINFOIL

I Have Another ?, Lets Say I Want To Go From Diffrent Counts On Programing, Say For Example, If I Want To Run The Program To Count 10 For One Batch And Lets Say I Want To Change To 12 Cnt On Another Batch For Packaging How Can I Write This Into A Program And Give The Operator Control Of This, So They Can Change The Count As They Need. Any Help Would Be Much Appreciated.

Travis

A counter can have its preset fixed at programming time by using A 'K' argument. Else it can take the argument from a 'V' location. Now, how could an operator change the contents of a 'V' location?

Is the question how to change the preset value of a counter?

Counters can use either a constant (K), or V-memory locations as the preset. Simply use Vnnnn instead of K#. Whatever value is in Vnnnn will be the preset value.

You can change the V-memory value with a LD and OUT instruction.

| Count to 10 +-----------+
|------] [--------+------| LD K0010 |
| | +-----------+
| | +-----------+
| +------| OUT Vnnnn |
| +-----------+
|
| Count to 20 +-----------+
|------] [--------+------| LD K0020 |
| | +-----------+
| | +-----------+
| +------| OUT Vnnnn |
| +-----------+

🍻

-Eric

EDIT: Damned Bernie beat me by 1 minute!... ;)

First, a note to others who may get in on this - Travis' company has several of my company's tortilla counters including some very old ones (one of which he is retofitting with a DL control) and new ones which actually have DL controls. He is developing this control as a learning exercise (even though he could just look at the implementation on the newer machines).

Now Travis - when you specify a counter, the second item is the preset. If you type 'K' and a number then the counter will always count to that unless the program is actually changed and re downloaded. If the second item is a number register (for example V2000) then each cycle of the counter will take the contents of V2000 as the preset. So you could have some defined action (Eric's 'Count to 10' and 'Count to 20') load specific numbers into the preset register. Another method is to allow an operator to load specific counts directly into the preset register.

I Understand, And Yes You Are Right I Could Compare With Other Dl That We Have But I Do Not Want To Copy A Program Im Trying To Learn Something.the Only Thing Is What Form Of Control Can I Use To Allow The Operator To Do That, Keeping In Mind I Want To Keep My Cost Down. For This Simple Operation I Do Not Want To Get To Complicated.

Another thought Bernie is to preload the current value of the counter. I have done this in the past to get the current value close to or at the preset value to test the program.

Andy

To AndyT - thanks for the idea. The counters Travis is dealing with are counting the tortillas in a store package, usually 12 or 24. So it's not that bad.

I made the point about the newer machines to emphasize to others that you really want to learn this. So we'll treat you as a student even though you told me in PM's that you are the maintenance manager.

Some machines use a multi-position switch to pick certain counts, 10-12-16-18 using a 4 position switch for example. This would take the form of Eric's suggestion but would limit the number of varities of counts. To change them you would have to change the program itself. Otherwise the least expensive (not counting the clip-on DL06 display) wuld be the DV1000. But it has a rather steep learning curve.

Bernie I Take It That You Are Saying For One To Be The Supervisor Of A Department He Must Know Everything There Is To Know, We All Must Be The Student Sometimes, If Not We Will Never Continue To Learn, I Appreciate Your Help Im Just Wanting Took Look At All Possibilities, Thats Why I Come Here To Get Ideas And Help From People Like Your Self To Help Me With My Project, And Yes Im Quite Aware Of A Multi Position Switch, Maybe I Misrepresented My Question.

You could also use a center return +/- switch connected to two inputs on the PLC and let the +/- increment or decrement your V memory location. Something like this:

|
| X0(+)
|----| |--------------------- LD K1
| ADD V2000
| OUT V2000
| X1(-)
|----| |--------------------- LD V2000
| SUB K1
| OUT V2000
|

Last edited: