dl06 another?

AGENTTINFOIL

how would you use a switch and a photo eye along with a counter in the same rung, for example lets say i want to choose to count parts, say 10 with a photo eye in one selection of the switch and 20 with another, how could i write the logic to do that.

One photoeye to count to different quantities based on switch selection? Or, two separate photoeyes to count different quantities based on switch position?

EDIT: You might want to refer back to THIS post... đź““

🍻

-Eric

Last edited:
yes but how do use both the switch and the photo eye in the same rung, when i try to do that the rung breaks for some reason i think im missing something or maybe i just dont understand even though i thought i did

Travis,

How's that? Do you want to use ONE counter to operate from both switches to count the SAME parts?

OR: Do you want to be able to choose which switch/photoeye via a selector on your operator panel/HMI?

yes i want the eyes to count the same # of parts they are in rows of 2 with a photo eye for each row, what works the best or is there several ways to do the same thing

Lets try this again....

There are two rows of parts wizzing by (Row A & Row B). Each row has ONE switch/photo eye counting parts for that one row only. You want to accumulate the total count (for both rows, A+B). Am I correct?

Based on my presumption above, I'd very much reccomend counting with two timers. Each row/line would have a seperate photo eye that would index a seperate counter. All you need to do to get a total is add the two counter values in your program. If you try to drive one counter with two photo eyes your likely to get short counts.

Then you would not have the two countes added togeater, and would likely just have two seperate rungs. Is there a compelling reasont to try this with ONE rung?

Not Really, Im Still Trying To Understand How Logic Works Exactly And How To Write What I Want To Do,what Your Saying Makes Since. Do You Know How I Can Paste My Logic I Have So Far So You Can See What I Have So Far, Maybe You Can Give Me Some Suggestions.

I use a seperate folder for each program, so when you start to write a program you should (in my opinion) save it in a unique folder: C:\directsoft\projects\stacker\

So if you name the project "stacker", you'll have a bunch of files called stacker.* Search for all thoes files place them in ONE unique folder, Zip the folder and attache it to your post. If your using the Quick reply to post on this thread, click on "go advanced", and you'll get the tools to attach a file to your post.

BTW, even though you might have different questions regarding work on ONE particular project, post all of your questions (if they are regarding the same project) on the same thread. This will make it easer to follow the entire project, as one part may effect another.

This is the same thing Eric is showing, but maybe it will turn on the light.
CTPRE.jpg

What the value in V2000 is is your counter preset. If you put a K value as the preset your stuck with it.