Data Logging for D2-260 PLC

anks

Hi,

I am using Automation Direct D2-260 PLC for my pilot study system and I would like to log data minimum for 2 weeks.

I am looking for local display type data logging device so that I dont require to connect my computer for reading the log values. Can you recommend me the type of display that will have more RAM memory and is compatible with my above PLC.

Thanks,
Ankeet

It sort of depends on the frequency of logging you need. I've done hourly data logs for a week at a time using the PLC's own registers. If you want more frequency, or if you want to have CSV files or other data export functions, then you are better off using Lookout Direct or a similar HMI software product with a dedicated PC. That's the route we went for a similar problem.

Another option is to use a Basic Co-Processor module, and you can create your own data logging in it. I'm not sure what kind of file handling it provides, though, but the catalog refers to "retentive data storage and retrieval". The WinPC might also be an option.