VBA in RSView32 crashes PC with Win2003 Server!!!

PLCGal

Hi people,

Anybody has any solution to solving the VBA in RSView32 (v.7.10) crashing the(DELL...sigh, who else) PC with OS Win2003 Server standard edition?

The "official solution" was to disable the hyper-threading in the BIOS.

We did that but the PC still crashes.

We ran the exact application in a WinXP Pro PC, and it was running beautifully.

Help!!!

Make sure of all your DLL's are the right revision. I had a similar problem when I loaded RSView on an XP machine. RSView comes with a version of VBA. I had newer controls then they did and it kept crashing. I had to rollback mine and reinstall the older DLL's.

RSView does not work well with VBA. If it possible to do it in RSView, keep it there. If it is some type of messaging you are doing, trust me and use the RSMessenger.

What exactly are you trying to do. Maybe someone here has a work around.

was trying to solve the same problem since then but no avail...not even copying the old DLL files help!

the PC crashes even by running the VBA script from the sample RSView32 project.

seems like it may be a PC problem? it is a DELL Poweredge dual processor CPU.

can't do away with the VBA code as it is required in the application.

can anyone out there help?

thanks...

Rsview Crashing

Similar issue with Rsview, we also have a Dell Poweredge with Dual Processor CPU, any RSview guru's out there who can offer some ideas, Rockwell support have applied patches but the system still crashes, sometimes daily.

I am not sure what your problem is but I can say that we do not have any issues with VBA on RSView32 running on Dell Poweredge servers with Win2003 server so the combination can work. The VBA is used primarily for logging data to our SQL Server databases and sending E-Mail messages via outlook.

A number of errors each time it crashes

We get these, usually Daily, need to actually restart the server to get Rsview to load up again, the is not the actual error but its exactly the below:

asdra.JPG

And in the Activity log we get hundreds of the below from Random client workstations, usually during the day:

Display Server OPERATOR Intermittent network error from RSVIEWPC006, (0x80010105). Continuing

We go to the Rsview server and the error is always C++ based, its displayed on the screen.

We have checked the network, all is fine, we have some of the clients on a different subnet with a router in between, all traffic is allowed. The server crashes almost daily, its a Dell Poweredge, we have tweaked just about every setting you can think of hardware wise.

We also get the below error in the event log:

Application Hang, Event ID 1002 Hanging Application RADSrv32.exe version 7.50.11.0 Hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0 hang address 0x00000000

We have had the system patched recently but it still crashes, it ran fine for years and only started six months ago, since then it crashes most days.

If we reduce the number of clients sometimes that helps, but its so random its difficult to find a pattern.

Any help or ideas would be much appreciated.

Are your Dell Servers Xeon Dual or Quad core, are you using a RAID controller?, model server etc?. Read so many things about Hyperthreading and Dell specific, do you have WIndows updates on your install?, Dell Openmanage? We dont have any VBA code as syuch in the project either.