PanelView Plus Logging Screen

Redland Brick

Hi Folks,
Can you guys give me a little advice about logging on a PanelView Plus
On my trend screen, I am trending just 1 point N7:0 I have it scaled

for 0 -200 Tons an hour.I am putting a 4 – 20 signal into my input card

1769-IF4. I am getting the following:

Input 1769-IF4 Trend Screen Panelview Plus Compact Flash after Logging Should Have

4 ma 0 135 0

8 ma 50 135 50

12 ma 100 135 100

16 ma 150 135 150

20 ma 200 135 200

Why do I keep getting 135 on my Log files after I do the conversion to a DBF and

also to a XLS.

Thanks Guys

Just to make sure I'm understanding this correctly, the issue you are having is that when you are trending (and then datalogging) a scaled tag, the correct value appears on the PV+ trend screen, but the value of 135 appears in the data log?

If this is the case, here are a couple of thoughts/questions I have:

1. Does the scaling take place in the PLC, and the scaled value is moved to N7:0?

2. Am I correct that the N7:0 tag is part of your data log model in RSView ME?

3. Is there a value of 135 that appears in the equation you use to scale 4-20ma to the values you need?

4. As a test, do you have the capability to log the RSView ME data directly to an ODBC database? This may help determine if there's an issue when you convert the native ME log file to .dbf or .xls.

Hope this gets you started.
Rick

1. Does the scaling take place in the PLC, and the scaled value is moved to N7:0? Yes

2. Am I correct that the N7:0 tag is part of your data log model in RSView ME? Yes

3. Is there a value of 135 that appears in the equation you use to scale 4-20ma to the values you need? Not that I know of,what relationship would that have if that was the case?

4. As a test, do you have the capability to log the RSView ME data directly to an ODBC database? This may help determine if there's an issue when you convert the native ME log file to .dbf or .xls.
Not right now, but can if needed,but probably not today. Thanks
Rick for the interest. Keep Thinking Please.

You may want to check out this information from the RA Knowledgebase. The end of the tech note says:

"Unfortunately, this converter cannot reliably run on the raw datalog" file at the same tme the ME runtime environment has the file in an "open" state."

Is ME running when you convert the log file?

G106248180 - FAQ: Is it possible to access datalog data, in real-time, from Excel (or other spreadsheet)?​

What I do is shut down my runtime application,and remove the compact flash
from the Panelview Plus,I then take it and place it in my laptop. Then I
do a conversion with the Rockwell DlgConverter.exe to 2-.dbf files. It
seems like everything is correct. Thanks alot for your effort.