How to create data logging in panelview plus ??

Hello frnds.....

i want to know how to create Data logging in Panelview plus ?? using ME DATASTORE PLUS from Object-->ActivX control -->ME DATASTORE PLUS.

please suggest as soon as possible.

thanks and regards.

Create your MEDataStorePlus1 object.
Double click on it
On the connections tab fill out the following.
File Location - "\USB STORAGE\FileName.csv"
Trigger - Tag used to trigger data collections. (example {[PLC]RecordData}
Then you have 100 floats and 50 strings you can record @ the trigger time.
The last entry is a handshake to verify the data was written.
Handshake - {[PLC]DataWritten}

Fill out anything on the other 3 tabs as needed.

Hope that helps.

Scroll down through the data connections, and you will see that the DataStore Plus ActiveX allows you to save both REAL and STRING data. It doesn't support BOOL or SINT/INT/DINT or any other datatypes.

The DataStore Plus component can be tricky to keep running throughout the whole project, because it has to be on an open Display.

Here's an excellent step-by-step tutorial about a straightforward way to run an ActiveX component on an off-screen, always-open Display:

https://theautomationblog.com/datastore-plus-step-by-step-setup-in-factorytalk-viewstudio/

thank you sir for your reply

i did step by step procedure of dataloging as given in link sent by you.
datalog successfully done for both float and String values.

Bt i want to datalog string value in between float data. and i am facing issue in it
as our CSV file datalog orderly either float followed by string or string followed by float.

so suggest me to datalog string in between float data.

and once again thank you for your reply.

PV Plus 7

I'm trying to setup a ME DataStore Plus ActiveX on a PC Plus 7.
I keep getting these errors when the HMI starts:
"Failed to resolve item's ID '"\USB Storage\FileName.csv"' because it does not exist on any server"
"[FactoryTalk]: The item is no longer available: "\USB Storage\FileName.csv""

When I trigger the data log I get the following error:
"Cannot set the log file location for the DataStore Plus.Cause: Invalid file path "

Any ideas? I've attached a screen shot of my properties.

datastore properties.JPG

I think you need the path to be a valid drive location. like C: D: etc (whichever your USB disk comes up as when inserted into the port) also will need the USB to be in that same port everytime.

edit: for more detail

2nd edit: you might be trying to log to the PV itself in this case it does look like \USB Storage\log is supposed to be the default. In the one I have setup for a network path I do not have the {} on the ends only "filepath" in quotes, could be the issue?

Last edited:
When I first entered the data the {} were not there.
But when I open the properties it added the {} to the file location.
I've tried removing them and it just places them there again.

ME DataStore Plus - I just create a HMI tag for FileLocation and called it {DataStore_File_Path}

Tag Name: DataStore_File_Path
Type: String
Length: 82
Data Source: Memory
Initial: \USB Storage\DataLog_File.csv