S7-300 Interface Module Hardware Configuration

mobile1056

This is my first time using Siemens S7-300 PLC's and in this project I will be using a IM360 interface module to connect to 2 other racks using IM361 interface modules in both racks. I am curious as how the 2 slave racks can be shown in the hardware configuartion of Simatic Manger or if there is another way this is done. We never covered this stuff in the Siemens training.

Thanks

When starting with the hardware configuration you need to add a rack. On this rack you can add all the I/O/PLC modules. When the first rack is full you need more racks, with are connected using interface modules. In your case you need to add two more racks. You place the IM360 on the first rack (I believe on position number two but I'm not exactly sure, anyway it will only fit on one position).
On the other two racks you add the IM360 (also on 1 fixed position). You will see lines appear between the interface modules indication the connection.

There is no need for any settings or other stuff like addresses etc.

Last edited: