Wonderware InTouch

kennyb

Anyone know any good InTouch resources other than the WW knowledgebase? I've a few site specific issues to tidy up and they are so involved that my two support resources don't seem to be as helpful as I'd hoped.
TIA

There's always this forum. I work with InTouch, and I know several other members have good WW experience (rdrast, Tark, just to name a couple).

Post your issues, unless they're proprietary, and maybe we can help.

I also could use some help with WW if available?

I have WW connected to a number of A-B PLC 5/40's. Everything works great, except I have a problem with WindowMaker and the Widows NT operating system. Whenever I right click to close or save, etc., something, it closes out WindowMaker due to an 'Application Error', and won't allow it to reopen unless I close out InTouch, and then reopen it. I haven't checked yet in configuration set-up, but I think that maybe where my problem is. I will find out tomorrow if that is it.

As far as to help with the problem of the original topic of this thread, with ethernet, when I have communication problems, the first suspect is the IP address.

Thanks for any help available!

For every minute I spend on this site, it probably increase's the value of my skills by at least .5%

Version Information?

What version of Intouch are you running? I seem to remember the pre 7.1 versions not being very reliable about running WindowViewer and Windowmaker at the same time. You may be doing nothing wrong - it could just be a flaw in the version you have.

The version of Intouch you have on NT there requires an older version of the Microsoft VC Runtime files. Find the MSVC*.DLL files on the installation CD, and copy them into the same directory as wm.exe. The Application crash on right-click of the explorer window should be fixed.