Mitsubishi FX2N PID

swimmy67

Lifetime Supporting Member
Does anyone have experience with the PID function in a FX2N plc. I am using GX Developer Ver 7.11. Attached is the program that I am using.

I can not control the PID from the beginning. The only time that I enable the PID function is when the process temp is within 5 deg of the setpoint temp. When within this range, I load a max and min value into the output min/max variable so the output will function say between 15% to 50%. At any other time the output is 100% if more than 5 deg below setpoint, or 0% if more than 5 deg above setpoint.

I am trying to control a heat exchanger. I am using a FX2N-4DA output card with the analog signal set to 4-20ma. A Honeywell Modutrol actuator to open or close the damper.

Any help in this manner would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kari Swimelar
Electrical Engineer
KJC Electric Inc.