Analog encoder modules

2004sk4

Is there a company that makes a standalone module that would read rpms from a encoder and translate it to 0-10 volts. A dynapar digital speed controller (max spd jr4)will do it but i am looking for a lower cost alternative. It does not have to have a digital display. I am wanting to use something similiar to this to display rpms . A 1200r scan times will not make a accurate reading. The Display i am wanting is RPM using the analog input card with the above described module

thanks

http://omnicontrols.com/lists/newport3in.html
Give these guys a call to see if they can help you. I don't have enough information about the application. There are some really cheap ones (around $60) that will handle low frequency but no display. If you have time on your hands you can probably use a high speed counter or a servo card to work something out (providing you have some spare ones gathering dust).

i am needing to track the speed of 3 machines. The Best way i can see it to use something that in analog where i won't have a slowed scan time from a prox and a gear.

I am not to familier with the tach generator. The process run on a max of 3000 rpms
thanks

You can check Red-Lion $150 and Weidmuller $190 I used bout of them.

The Weidmuller is much easy to setup(5 min) and worth the different.
(if you would chose the Weidmuller just set the power off and on after the setup or do the setup when the power is off)

All the best

The company i work for uses ariba. By any chance would anyone know a supplier that would have this type of product.

thanks