FX2N/FX1N RS485 Comms

Coops

Got a small project that involves several mitsubishi FX1N talking to a FX2n.

Comms is done via the RS485 card attached to the FX's.

Problem is that i have wired them up and all the Send / Recieve lights are flashing but I cant seem to get them to talk to each other. Im trying to use the n:n network but cant seem to get it to work. Been through all the manuals and it basically tells me to just setup the master station as station 0 and tell it how many slaves it has and for the Slaves just give them a station no. 1-7 etc.

This ive done....not sure if its worked though. OK. Then it says that for the master station I can use flags m1000-m1023 (for pattern 1)...when i program up m1000 it wont let me use it. Very Strange.

Anyone got any ideas???

Im using GX Developer IEC v6

Thanks

LOL :)

OK, it seemed it didnt like the initial settings for the comms written in Gx Developer IEC. So I wrote the commands for setting a station no, no of slaves etc in GX Developer V8 (the basic software) and it worked. So i then uploaded it into the IEC version and it came up in statement list. So i left it in statement list all by its self; the rest of the program was in ladder.

You only need to set the initial comms up to get it working, everything else just works (transferring of flags etc).

Tell the master its station 0; no of slaves, type of refresh pattern.

Tell each slave its station no.1-7.

And thats that. But make sure you have them wired up correctly. Mine are now wired up:

RDA----------RDA-------RDA------RDA------RDA---------RDA

RDB----------RDB-------RDB------RDB------RDB---------RDB

SG------------SG--------SG-------SG-------SG----------SG

At the ends of line, link SDA to RDA and SDB with RDB. Then put a resistor across SDA and SDB..but only at teh ends.

Hope this helps guys...just seems strange why i couldnt write the code in ladder...had to use statement list.

Master PLC - Statement List
LD M8038
MOV K0
D8176
MOV K2
D8177
MOV K1
D8178
MOV K3
D8179
MOV K6

Slave 1 - Statement List