Programming cable option for fx2n

efratalove

Dear all,
I have fx2n plc on my hand but I don't have the programming cable sc-09 and it would not be easy for me to get one. I need the cable only for loading ladder from pc. I am considering two options
1. Making the programming cable. There are a lot of website and YouTube video who show how to make the programming cable with port connector and resistor. But as far as I know the plc port is rs422 and pc rs232 how could that be possible?
2. I have rs485 to usb convertor. Is that possible to use this how could the wiring be? The plc port is rs422 is that okay? What about full or half duplex issues?
3. Probably I could find rs422 to rs232 convertor on the market. What about this option?

Please let me know Advantage and disadvantages of the three options

The SC-09 is an RS422 to RS232 converter, I've just checked mine.
It's two cables, 8-pin mini-DIN to 25-pin D-sub RS422 cable, then 24-pin to 9-pin D-sub on the RS422 to RS232 converter. As far as I can tell, this is just a standard cable that you should be able to get or make from anywhere.

Ebay have some I have never used them but apparently they work from what I have heard, make sure it's one with either the mini 8 pin or with an adapter from 25 pin to 8 pin mini.
I have seen the resistor bodge a few times on the net but never fancied trying it. providing you can get the driver (com port) for the USB type clone cables I have no idea if those clones use the USB driver or perhaps a virtual com port.
Just be aware if you do manage to get the SC09 cable & you have no 232 com port then use a usb to 232 converter providing (if you have win10/11) make sure the usb/232 driver has the latest chipset i.e. PL2303 (I have a UGREEN one from Amazon & it works well.

Last edited: