PanelView 300 2711-K3A10L1 Programming cable

kennadrin

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hey Guys

I am trying to figure out the correct cable to use to connect from my laptop to this Panelview using panelbuilder32. I was sure I had used my serial cable direct with a null modem on my Panelview 550 in the past. I can't seem to connect. I would appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks

Kenny

Thanks for responding

I believe I tried straight through. Didn’t know if maybe I was using the wrong setting In Panelbuilder.

Upon checking it does look like it should be a serial cable for PC to Panelview connection.

Before even trying anything with Panelbuilder, I would verify that you can see it in RSLinx.

I meant the correct settings in RSlinx sorry. I will have to check again monday at work. I think I tried both the df1 and aic setting. I didn't know if maybe the devicenet connector meant I had to try something different.

Thanks
Kenny

Used a serial cable (with genderbender) this am. Using the df1232 setting in RSlinx worked perfectly.

Thanks for the help. Sometimes I need to slow down

Kenny