RSlogix remote programming

paulb67

Hi All

Can anyone help me . I have designed a sytem that requires 3 PLC's in remote locations that are connected with each other via a Leased Line network. One of the PLC's is connected to a SCADA system. I would like to know if it is possible to program the PLC in RS logix remotely via the network of leased lines from the SCADA location??

Note we are utilising a DNP3 protocol card that is available from Prosoft.

Please Help :geek:

[email protected]

My first impression is that no, you would not be able to program these controllers across the DNP3 network.

Because you mentioned RSLogix, these must be some sort of Allen-Bradley controllers. These use a serial protocol called DF1 through their serial ports. The Prosoft DNP3 modules don't carry the same sort of "online programming/monitoring" protocol that the serial ports do.

Why are you using DNP3 if all the controllers are A-B ?