how can i use analogue input with s5 format?

A bit more information is needed here... what system is it being used in ?, why are you using s5 format ? part no ? - the more information the better.

If you're question is about the possibility to use analog inputs with a S5 PLC, then the answer is definitely YES. To use an analog input in S5 you need an analog input card for the S5 PLC. This card (usually 4 inputs) converts the analog input signal to an integer number (KF format). The PLC can then process this integer.

BTW this is the common method for using analog signals on all PLCs.

Kind regards,

If you want to know how to read and write to analogue I/O, then you use FB250 and FB251.

FB250 is read analogue value

FB251 is write analogue value

Paul

Similar Topics

Hi, I have a ControlLogix system with 1756-IF16 analogue inputs. I can't scale the inputs at the card as there is a requirement to facilitate...
Replies
Views
Hello guys I am just wondering do I need to set up each channel configuration, including enabling the channel , ranging … if I have already...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a device which is giving out a 4 -20mA signal but the ADC's on the PLC channel do not match. The supplier is saying the channel needs...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm planning to install a new Analogue Input module Q68AD-G. It will inserted on Rack 0 Slot 4. When it's installed, will the code recognise...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've got a Q68AD-G card (8 channel). I want to configure it for 0-10v analogue input. I've enabled the channel by using Un\G0. Then I used the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom