CRC checksum from a PLC serial port

Pierre

Lifetime Supporting Member
I need to implement a communication packets in a PLC program (LG PLC).

I intend to use a serie of ASCII text blocks and just drive them through the PLC's own serial port. These block will initiate a comunication link, imbed some data into it and then command an external device to do its thing.

What bugs me is that this device uses as CRC the CCITT-16 Reversed (0x8408) algorithm and it cannot be disable nor modified. (starting with FFFH)

Now I know that its a reverse XOR mask but its implementation in my PLC seem a bit painfull. And you know I'm not an advocate of pain. My moto is no pain... no pain :)

It will be much easyer when I will migrate to a microcontroler next year but now this must be done.

Any suggestion before I end up creating tons of lookup tables and get hooked on coffe and Dr Peper :( ???

This is similar to programming ones own feildbuss function block. Any one have done it in the past?

Last edited: