Analog outputs

vs.rao

Hi All,

I'm a Mechatronics Technician in an Engineering college in Dubai, U A E.

We are building S7 200 PLC trainers for students for in house use.

I know of only digital out puts viz., lights, LEDs, fans, relays, solenoids.
Could you help me out on analog outputs.
What I can connect on the output side of the analog expansion module.

Thanks.

VS.Rao

The easiest and cheapest connection is a volt or ammeter.
Other things you can try are Variable speed drives connected to motors, or proportional valves.
I find these are the most common connections to analog outputs.

Since you're doing mechatronics, a VSD connected to a motorised gantry could be a good idea. Make it small so accidents don't cause any damage, and make it well guarded so no one loses any fingers.
On second thoughts, buy the parts from Tamiya and use an analog controlled DC motor drive RS electronics. That way you can get some interesting student labs and be sure that they all leave with body parts intact.

typical application is servo-motor drive or frequency convertor, most common ouput is 0..20mA or 0..10V ... you will just connect anything what require operational value in particular range... are you seeking something for tests only?