Speed control for PowerFlex 4M using analog Outputs Card

Thanks you all for your time and advice.

Today they decide to change over the Powerflex 4M to Powerflex 525 which have
Ethernet built in.
My challenge now is to control speed of these 3 inverters by Ethernet.
This also will be my first time,so I will call you later to advice.

wolverine1981_-->Your last video it's really helpful!!!!!

Many thanks again
Best Regards
Michael83

I think you will be very happy with the choice to do Ethernet control. It is very easy and very good way to control a VFD.

There are a couple of things that you will want to do as far as starting and stopping the drive. I have attached a screen shot of how I start and stop a PF753 drive. Should be similar to the PF525. How I do it is based on several post done by a Ken Roach on this site. If you do a search for his post I am sure you will find more info.

Good luck.

VFD START STOP.jpg

PowerFlex 525 controlled by Ethernet

Hi Guys!!!

Coming back for Powerflex 525.
Today I'm trying to connect to 525 by Ethernet,but I get confused.
In our company as a standard we using IP 192.168.0.1 for a PC and 192.168.0.2 standard for PLC,so when I was trying connect the inverter by using a LAN which doesn't work.
When I watch video that wolverine1981 upload the link
there is shown that people using the private network which have
different ip 192.168.1.something
If anyone knows that I can get the connection using my LAN??
if not how can I change my IP adress inside the controller because is already
set up for our standard!!!

Thanks a lot!!!
Michael

192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.2 have the same subnet configuration and are “final” addresses (for lack of a better word). Basically that means that you can only have one IP address that is 192.168.0.1 and one IP address that is 192.168.0.2 on a common network. Assuming that your subnet mask is set to 255.255.255.0, you need to have the first three octets (numbers) match and the last one must be different (no duplicate IP addresses on a common network). If the IP address in your PLC is 192.168.0.2 then any PC needed to talk to it (or other PLC for that matter) needs to have an IP address of 192.168.0.x (where “x” is something other than “2” and less than “255”).