New PowerFlex 400 lacking speed control on new drive install

Rob S.

I replaced an old Safetronics drive with a PowerFlex 400. I have 5.6 vdc at terminals 13 and 14 . P038 is set to 2 ( Analog In 1 ) , T069 is set to 2 ( 0-10 V)
and d305 is showing roughly 60% . What am I missing ?

Thanks in advance .

Share some more information. What exactly is the drive Not doing? What is P036 [Start Source]? What about b002[Commanded Freq]?

Exposition:

Terminal 14 is Analog Common 1, and Terminal 13 is Analog Input 1, so measuring the reference signal between those two is appropriate.

P038 is the Speed Reference select. The value of "2" is the default, which sets the drive to get its speed reference from Analog Input 1.

T069 sets up the Analog Input 1 signal range. The value of "2" sets it for unipolar 0-10V DC, which is what we want.

T070 and T071 also allow you to scale that input signal.

D305 is a monitoring parameter that tells us what the value of the drive reference being followed is. 60% is roughly in the range of 5.6 volts out of 10.0 volts.

There is a DIP switch that also needs to be set to properly configure the analog input AI1 for 0-10V on the control board. But the fact that its default position is for 0-10V and the D305 parameter seems correct suggests that it's correctly configured too.

So... everything seems right.

What speed does the drive actually run at ?

P036 is set at 2-wire ( 002 ) . b 002 command freq. is at 20. ( the minimum freq. ). The analog signal just will not drive it. The analog signal is at 70% , and should be driving it to about 45 HZ.

When the minimum was set at 0 , it ran at 15 HZ. When I set the minimum at 20 it ran at 20 HZ. So when the minimum was at 0 something was driving it to 15 HZ.

There is a flow chart within the user manual page 1-28 that shows how the commanded frequency may be different from P038 input.

I had to change P42 to No function. I can't imagine that.
I will investigate more and follow up .

Thanks
Unlike other PowerFlex drives (and most other drives for that matter), the PF400 has built-in Hand-Off-Auto functions on the keypad. The default programming of the "Auto" button would have allowed you to toggle between running it from the keypad, or running it in Auto via the terminal blocks. By programming it to "No Function" you solved the problem, but you could have just pushed the button...