Ladder Plus

Yes, practically all brands can be programmed using "ladder" logic. At least, Allen-Bradley, Siemens, Omron, GE Fanuc, Automation Direct, and Modicon can be programmed using ladder logic. Ladder logic closely resembles a relay ladder diagram, so it is familar to many electricians.

I think hashem is referring to RLL+, which is AD's version of function chart programming. I have also heard it referred to as 'stage programming'.

While it is not universally available, many plc manufacturers support this method, although probably not in evacly the same method as AD. Allen-Bradley, for example, supports Sequencial Function Chart in the PLC5. I know Siemens has a version of fucntion chart also. There are very likely others I don't know about.

Keith

To the best of my knowledge no other PLC has a programming function exactly like RLL+ or stage programming. It is very well suited for some kinds of control systems, and useless for others. For example, I used it on an Reverse Osmosis system that had several operating modes and backwash sequences and it worked well and simplified my logic. On the other hand, it doesn't offer much for simplifying my continuous process control systems.

As Keith pointed out, almost any PLC program, even plain old ladder logic, can perform the same tasks in different ways. Sequential Function Chart and Structured Text are examples of tools that also have advantages for some types of processes and machines and not for others.