"change of state" bit

JHMF

Hi, I'm a student working with GE versa Max, cant figure out a change of state bit for a motor direction toggle switch Arrg!
Any help with this probably easy scenario! I know i've got to use Pos/Neg transtion bits, but....

josh

The VersaMax instruction set only has transitional coils. The positive transition coil energizes for one scan and one scan only when the logic controlling it changes from false to true. The negative transition coil energizes for one scan and one scan only when the logic controlling it changes from true to false. Use contacts from the transitional coil wherever needed in your program.

Josh,

It sounds to me like you are trying to make a "flip-flop", also commonly called an alternator, or toggle. There have been many posted here. Just do a search for flip-flop. I think there are one or two in the DOWNLOADS section of this site also.