AB Automation Fair

olias

So who's all going to the Automation Fair next week? I'll be there(my AB Rep had a deal I couldn't pass up). And is it me, or are the Hands On Labs, a little lame this year?
See you in St. Louis, Louie.....

I wanted to go but couldn't determine if my schedule would be free enough. As it turns out, it was free enough but I had to miss out. And I too wasn't impressed with what I saw as far as labs this year. But I was going to go for the beer anyway.

This is going to be the second one in a row that I miss because I have to do a field support project that week. Darnit.

I'm always happy when Automation Fair is over because it means I get to talk to the Commerical Engineering team again. They're always slammed right before AF because they put together most of the classes, seminars, and demos of new products.

The things I'm most interested in seeing are the GuardLogix and the CIPSync Ethernet built into the "Kinetix 7000" high horsepower servo drive. We're also agitating for a demo of the new E1 Plus overload relay so we can put it into my MCC demo.

If you're interested in any of the process control seminars, try for one in the evening because that's when they start letting Russ Brandes into the Heineken *before* he starts talking. You'll learn a lot.

Next year I may have my own onboard vehicle control project to shepherd on the show floor. Looking forward !

The things I'm most interested in seeing are the GuardLogix
Looks like GuardLogix ready for a primetime - firmware ver 14 is on the Web! RSlogix ver.14 should be out in a few days.

I'll be going to the Automation Fair, I hate to miss them. Yes I agree the labs look a little lame this year, but I always find it handy to brush up on stuff that I've not done in a while. It's surprising how much of the fundamentals you can forget without practice.
I'm taking a few co workers this year, so I'm sure there'll be plenty of fun times to talk about on the way home ;-)

Mart.

I thought this thread would have generated more response, I guess everyone else is just too busy to attend. Guess I'll see you there then Olias, I'll be with the Evana Automation crowd (a rowdy but likeable bunch), I'm easy to spot cos I'll probably be the only guy there with an English accent :D

Well I can't beleive there's only going to be only three of us there!
Guess we'll get plenty of one on one time at the seminars ;-)

Anyone Else???

Ok guys, we've established that there are three of us attending the Automation Fair.
Any more takers out there ?
Anyone interested in meeting up for a beer? It'd be nice to put a face to some of the names who've helped me and many others out in the past.
Any suggestions welcome.

See you at the fair!

Mart

Not this time...

I will not be attending this year.....the last one I attended was 2 years ago in Milwaukee....It was convenient since that is where I live. I've just got too many things going on at the plant this year to make it, though there doesn't seem to be as much bleeding edge stuff this year as there was 2 years ago. I'll try to make next year's, does anyone know where it's going to be? Ken?

Greg

Well, I made it back alive. Although yesterday morning was rough. Boy, those Rockwell guys and girls can drink! Good show! Learned alot. Sorry I missed Drew and Mart, but there were over 13,000 people on Wed. and I'm guessing about 9-10,000 on Thursday.
Thanks Rockwell!

I made it home to. Didn't get to see anyone either (well probably saw you guys just didn't know it was you).

The show was great and your right about the rockwell guys drinking.
That show was unbelievable with the amount of people.

Did anyone goto the arch? That was interesting.

Drewcrew6