RSView & S7400

Krakker

I have an RSView data collection app running and I would like to capture data from a Siemens PLC and/or HMI via ethernet link. What are my options?

Oh, I see that you stated Ethernet in the original post.

Then I recommend Simatic Softnet Ethernet Lean (Siemens part no 6GK1704-1LW63-3AA0) - it is quite inexpensive.
It will work with the onboard ethernet NIC in the PC. No need to purchase a special Siemens ethernet card.
You will have to adapt the example in the guide to ethernet. The guide is made for MPI or Profibus (maybe I should take some time to update the guide with ethernet, hmmm...).
The PC and S7 have to share the same subnet (i.e. IP addresses 192.068.0.1 and 192.068.0.2) in order to "see" each other.

Similar Topics

Hi all, Has anyone engineered a RSView SCADA sitting on top of a Siemens S7400? i have not come across this combination before, only RSView on...
Replies
Views
Hello fellow wirenuts, I am looking to find the P.B. touch indicator option on version 13.00 and failing. It has been a year or so since I last...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have converted RSView 32 to FTView SE 14 (I have tested FTView 12 before as well and there were some difficulties so I moved on to...
Replies
Views
Okay, something I have not seen before.. RSView SE. I am working on an existing project. There is a value the customer wants trended and it is...
Replies
Views
I have a request to integrate a pause button in RSlogix to be able to start/stop a video. Video format is not defined at the moment, so it could...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom