Replicate video pause button via RSView

JimU

I have a request to integrate a pause button in RSlogix to be able to start/stop a video. Video format is not defined at the moment, so it could be running in a PPT or just an.avi, mpeg etc. Maybe some type of activeX control or an output from the plc to interface to some type of remote? Has anyone done this before or know how to implement?

What hardware is running the video?

What (operating) system is running the video?

What other programs are running on (the hardware and operating systeme that is running the video)?

What program is running the video?

What communication options are available on the the device that is running the video (serial port, ethernet, tcp/ip, parallel port, keyboard, etc.)?

What communication option are available on the RSLogix-programmed-device that senses the pause button?

The video will be running on a dedicated window 10 platform with whatever app is available from MS.
After doing more digging, I found a keyboard emulator that plugs into the USB port of the PC. I think I can use a couple outputs from the plc to drive some PLC interface relays (Phoenix Contact PLC-RPT) that will be wired to the emulator. The emulator is a I-PAC2. I found this info on another forum.