Win 2000 TCP/IP programming

Werner

Hi there!

We use Adept motion controllers. We program this controller via TCP/IP. With older laptops running win98 we don't have problems. With win 2000 laptops we cannot communicatie with the Adept. Adept is telling us that win 2000 (SP3) has new drivers for the TCP/IP connection. The operating system in the Adept is updated accordingly. The problem is that we have a number of Adept controllers without this update. So communicating with these controllers with a win 2000 laptop is not possible. We have to update the operating system in the Adept controller. This is a lot of work and is not without risk.

My question is: does any of you have simulair problems with Adept or other controllers? Is it possible to run an old TCP/IP driver on a win 2000 laptop to temporarily fix the communication problem? Other options?