Series One PLC

tom j

T
I have a GE Series One PLC and the hand held programmer for it But I have been given a Direct Logic 305 hand held programmer. It seems to communicate to the PLC but the Keys are in different places and have different functions. Is their anyway that I can find out what the keys on this hand held do. For example I hooked it up to a plc that I knew the program in. An the LED for OR let up to start the rung. The LED for JMP let up for timer. I may just need to can this hand held. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS

You can probably download the manual at the AutomationDirect.com web site. However, in this day and age it is not economically viable to use a handhelf programmer. The software for this unit is inexpensive, a laptop or other PC is usually available anyway, and you can't spend a lot of time with a handheld before you pay for the cost of the PC software. Your productivity will be tremendously increased!

Tom,

Unless you have a very old Series One key pad they should be the same. Even if they are not the same they both have the keys marked as to what they do. If you have worn the lables off of the old key pad you should be able to go to either Automation Direct or GE's web sites to get this information. If you are unsucessful then I do have both an old and a newer key pad which I would be glade to send you pictures of if needed, but please check the web sites first.

Mike

If you really want a GE hand held programmer they periodically turn up for sale on ebay though the DL305 should work. Unless the Series One you have has an older CPU I would strongly recommend getting the components to allow you to communicate and program through a PC. If you intend to reprogram the PLC or do anything complex it will save you a lot of time, considerable frustration and many headaches. This is particularly true if you see yourself working with similar PLCs in the futrue.