clear GE FAUNC PLC series 90-30 fault

mike3475

Hi, Experts:
We have 20 + years old GE PLC series 90-30 stop running (the run led not on and battery led not on) and HMI showing that "PLC has lost a card". we don't have software (logicmaster 90) for it, how to clear PLC fault table?
Thanks!

Last edited:
Loss of an I/O module is not generally a fatal fault, so there may be something else going on. What is your HMI? I think some versions of GE's Cimplicity HMI software included the ability to clear the fault table.
Also, if your CPU is a model that includes a keyswitch and it has been programmed for run/stop you may be able use that to restart as long as the fault isn't fatal.
Other than that, you will need the programming software to clear the fault table. And anyway, the entry in the fault table is your first line of troubleshooting what caused it stop in the first place.

Loss of an I/O module is not generally a fatal fault, so there may be something else going on. What is your HMI? I think some versions of GE's Cimplicity HMI software included the ability to clear the fault table.
Also, if your CPU is a model that includes a keyswitch and it has been programmed for run/stop you may be able use that to restart as long as the fault isn't fatal.
Other than that, you will need the programming software to clear the fault table. And anyway, the entry in the fault table is your first line of troubleshooting what caused it stop in the first place.
We have one output card where the top latch was broken , so we use the stick tape to hold it, maybe it got loose and cause output card losing communication, we tried key switch,it can't clear the fault and hmi has no place to clear this fault. I really need is logicmaster 90 software to clear this fault.
Thanks your input.

Last edited: