Clear L73S Memory (Safety Locked)

collinsd70

Hi,

I have bought a used 1756-L73S and SP, it is running firmware 30.013 and safety locked, im running Logix Designer 30.01.00.

The controller is safety locked- I have tried to upload the project but fails right at the end (Error: Couldnt be found, Error: Failed to upload modules).

What options do I have to get the memory cleared and unlock safety so I can load my safety program? Pull the ESM?

Regards

Daniel

I think control flashing the controller will wipe the memory back to default.

I tried that already, ControlFLASH will not change the revision whilst safety is locked.

I'm not looking to break the safety password, simply restore the unit to out-of-box condition so that a new safety program can be reinserted.

It doesnt give you a chance to get that far, I can get to RSLinx navigation, as soon as I highlight the controller and press next, it states that the controller must be unlocked before change firmware revision.

Rockwell knowledge base QA11744 shows all the steps to reset the conteoller to factory default.

RA wont let post information. We aren't even support to post a direct link to the answer.

Have you logged into rockwell knowledge base? You should be able to see it I believe it was set for everyone. You can create a free account.

From memory 30.01 had some sort of issue with the safety side. Online changes to Tags or something when the PLC was locked (sorry been a few years). To upload, try 30.02 on your PC Logix Designer and see if it works?

From memory 30.01 had some sort of issue with the safety side. Online changes to Tags or something when the PLC was locked (sorry been a few years). To upload, try 30.02 on your PC Logix Designer and see if it works?

Thanks, I was going to download and install 30.02 but the seller gave me the safety password so I simply unlocked and downloaded a new program.

I think the issue uploading was some module definitions weren't available in 30 01, I can't replicate and test again as the program has now been overwritten, thankyou for your help.

Regards

Daniel