Panelview plus 600 how to clear alarm display

g.mccormick

Lifetime Supporting Member
First time using a panelview. I have all of my alarms mapped to bits of dints.
How do I get the alarm panel to popup when an alarm happens?

How do I get the alarm history to clear?

This HMI software has a lot of options, but not the most intuitive thing in the world.

There is an alarm banner available for you, which will pop up when an alarm is triggered. Ensure the tags are mapped into your alarm editor window.

To clear the alarm history, you can add in a button specifically for that in the same screen as the history. It is same as you add in any button, just that it is specifically for that when you select.

First time using a panelview. I have all of my alarms mapped to bits of dints.
How do I get the alarm panel to popup when an alarm happens?

In the explorer pane of your project under the system folder you'll see the Startup file (Green Flag). Open it and check the Alarm Check Box.
In the Alarm Setup Folder under the Message Tab. There is a column for display. Use the Check box beside each message you wish to display on the [ALARM] pop up banner.

How do I get the alarm history to clear?

Under Objects, Advanced, Alarm. You'll see Clear Alarm History. This will create the button to clear your history alarms. The property page has a filter option to allow you to choose which alarms to clear. These will show after you have created your triggers. Select the triggers to clear specific alarms or No selection will clear all.

Last edited:
Thanks all I am getting it figured out. Of course I am figuring it out after leaving site, I will have to get someone to load a new file for me.

This was my first time messing with view HMI.

Thanks again.

Next question if anyone happens to read this. Is there a way to use bit of DINTs in a pushbutton?
I am wanting to use DintTag.0, .1, .2 bits as toggle buttons, however, I am not finding that I can actually select the bit value...

You can use DINTs at a bit level, but not directly from the tag picker. IIRC you have to manually append the .0, .1, etc. after you have chosen the DINT tag.