Help Please

killuminati96

can sumone tell me which site i can find two PLC's. I need two PLC's.

one pick and place robot used to move filled bottles into crates and operate the conveyor to take them to the loading bay and the main PLC that controls the bottle filling ,capping lablelling system.

The main pick-and-place conveyor robot needs a simple PLC

INPUTS: 20 STANDERD 24V D.C DIGITAL INPUTS

OUTPUTS: 12 OPERATING MAINLY INDICATORS 24V D.C SOLENOID VALVES AND A COUPLE OF 24V D.C SOLID-STATE RELAYS

AUXILIARY: A PROFIBUS NETWORK INTERFACE TO RECEIVE CONTROL

SYSTEMS FROM THE MAIN PLC

SPEED: DOES NOT REQIRE ANY HIGH SPEED RESPONCE

The main PLC controlling the bulk of the bottling plant needs a more complex PLC

INPUTS: 120 standard 24v d.c inputs. Six 4-20mA anologue inputs.

OUTPUTS: 38 srtandard relay type outputs. Eight high speed transister outputs. Two 4-20mA anolouge outputs.

Auxiliary: A profibus netwrk interface to send control signals to the plc;s controlling the bottle wash plant and the pick-and-place robot.

speed: this will need to be high performance PLC,as it needs maximum responce time to of less then 25ms to fill a bottle.and the program length is likely to be around 2,500 instrutions

plese help me because i cant find the PLC with the specific reqirements anywhere

any help will be greatfull,thanks in advance

If you go to www.AutomationDirect.com you might be able to use a DL-06 (20 inputs & 16 outputs), and a DL-205, or DL-405. If you call them and ask for tech support, they will help you with choosing the proper components for the required configuration.

Doesn't that rule out AD?

Not necessaraly. You can use a DL-06 as a slave. Same with Terminator.

From ADs site:
H0-PSCM - Profibus slave communication module.
You can now add a DL05 or DL06 PLC sub-system to a Profibus controller network.
The H0-PSCM module allows the DL05 or DL06 PLC sub-system to be linked with a Profibus master controller. Profibus is a control bus that provides a common method to connect automation equipment with devices on a single network and significantly reduces hardwiring costs. Profibus provides specifications for information exchanged between nodes, such as controller data associated with low level device and configuration parameters that are individually related to system operations. The H0-PSCM module transfers blocks of I/O or register memory data between a Profibus master and a DL05 or DL06 PLC. The user can choose up to four blocks of data to be transferred. The data blocks can range in size from 1 byte to 32 words (64 bytes) and can be either input or output data. NOTE: Requires ERNI communications connectors listed in the DL05/ DL06 "Spare Parts and Accessories" section.

elevmike said:
You can use a DL-06 as a slave. Same with Terminator.

I stand corrected,

I have no problem with that because what I know about AD products you can write on the back of a postage stamp in block capitals and still leave room for the lords prayer.

So, one of the PLC's can be an AD, the other one will be a ...... :confused:

Paul

Paul,

The Master could be any PLC really. Heres a master converter: http://www.anybus.com/eng/products/abmoverview.asp

However, the question is why must it be profibus? He is looking for a MASTER & Slave. So if he goes with AD he could use the built in ports on a Master D0-260, and Slave D-06 with Modbus or DirectNet etc via RS-485, RS-232. OR he could go E-net.

P.S. I dont work for AD, I'm just REAL happy with them.

Actually Mark it cant be overstated. One of the attractions is the web site. It takes just a few seconds to order any job, and it's usually here within two days (ground shipping). Tech support is great, (very short wait), manuals are clear, and good quality products at a very fair price.

Just wish they sold phase monitors...