PLC Project

madthoughtz

Hello. First time here, what a great site to learn some new things on PLC's. I am new to PLC's its my last course, and I'm basically learning how to code PLC's on my own. The only thing I've done so far was the Logixpro (Just finished the Garage Door) which I find fun, and I'm probally going to buy it today, if they have more projects that I can download and figure out. Here lies the problem I have to create a project using a PLC (I'll give you the model of the trainer tomorrow when I goto class) and I'm trying to figure out what I want to do. I need something simple and dosent cost alot, being that I never programmed a PLC other than Logixpro. So if you guys have any ideas please help me out.. Thank you

O man your options are endless. Think about anything, How about a parking lot, that monitors the number of cars that enter and exit, once the lot is full it will not allow the gate to open to allow anymore cars in. That allows you to us counters, timers for the opening of the gate, basic functions etc.

Or simulate a conveyor belt using the 24volt outputs of your plc so you can drive a little motor and a pulley, attach some rubber and allow both directions with inputs from push buttons. If you can attain some cheap sensors use them to count whatever you are moving on the belt going into a box or something.

You could even simulate your house, by using simple push-buttons for say photo sensors, so when you walk through a door lights will come on, for an alloted time or whatever, you see where I am going, whatever you do now can all be put into a PLC if you have a broad enough imagination.

Bottling factory, Beer plant, etc etc.

Hope I helped out with a few ideas

I'm currently "immersed" in developing custom training for a producer of fermented beverages that perhaps you may have heard of...

Therefore, Jimmie Ohio, combining PLCs (and/or other automation projects) is right up my alley!

Hopefully, when the project is complete, I'll receive a liquid bonus...if not, I can always quench my thirst with a locally-brewed Dortmunder Gold, right Jimmie?

Thanks for some ideas, Yea there alot of projects out there, I'm just trying to think of time, to build it, and the cost. The one sounds interesting for the home, when you walk up the lights come on.