DCS configuration

srik

I prepared a DCs configuration .Please check and give suggestions if there is any wrong.
srik

dcs.jpg

Oh Srik

By no means can this be called a "configuration". It's a drawing with lots of boxes and lines. There's no indication of what they are, what they do, how they do it, or anything else that could help us give you advice. It all looks fine to me! As I write this this, I see that there have been 17 views and no answers. I think that says it all.

Ken

SRIK, what you have in your drawing AT MOST is a topology of the DCS.....You really need to provide us with much more information, the more you give us the more we can return for advice.

Greg

I would call this system architecture but not configuration. When you say configuration it should have all the details like MAKE, PART NUMBER, COMMUNICATION PROTOCOL USED etc.

If you provide these details, some one should be able to comment on that.

Dcs

The follwing details Iam giving for the above Distributed control system.

a)Total I/Os :1400(aprox)(Including RTD,T/C,Digital,Analog inputs).

b)DCS system shall have to communicate with 2 PLCs(150 I/os aprox.for each PLC).

c)The DCS system shall have to retrieve data from 3 different types of devices which are having RS 485 ports .

I want to know for the above requirement, what type of network (preferbly modbus) and how to connect these devices to each other?.

I can give more information if you needed
srik