Displaying bits in EZText panel

blp58368

I have an EZ-220 EZText panel that is connected to a DL-06 PLC. This is all Automation Direct hardware. I am trying to display the status of individual input and output bits in the local messages. The EXText software will only display words, not individual bits. The PLC software saves the input bits 00-17 in V40400. When I display this, it comes up as a decimal number which I then have to convert back to binary with a calculator to see which inputs are enegized. Has anyone else run into this? Anybody have a solution? One possible solution is to write the individual bits to words, like V1500=X0, V1501=X1,... . I could then display these on the EZText panel. Any better ideas?
Thanks,
Brian

I was unaware that you could not dispaly the enire word in bits?? Maybe a question for AD techs.. Anyway you could display the binary format with the DL-06 LCD display. Would'nt be remote though..But then again usually you would only need this for trouble shooting and not necessarly for the machine operator.

I checked with AD support. They confirmed the panel can only display words in local messages. I am trying to get away from opening the control cabinet to see the Inputs and Outputs. That is how we do it now on other systems. I figure the less the cabinet has to open, the less chance of someone getting hurt.

blp58368 said:
One possible solution is to write the individual bits to words, like V1500=X0, V1501=X1,... . I could then display these on the EZText panel. Any better ideas?
Thanks,
Brian

This is for the 05 so check for the 06.

Pic did not come out

How bout
LD V40400 (or whatever the input word)
Bin (format to view 1s&0s)
Out V5000 (or whatever memory location is good for your program)

and display the Output Word on the EzText?

So tehn you read the Inputs in left to right order, like so:
or
or

I tried that, but EZText converts it back to a decimal number.
What I ended up doing takes up a lot of space. I used LDF to load the first 4 bits of the input word to V1320. I then compared the value using 15 different rungs. If less than 2, output V1320 to V1321, If 3, output K11 to V1321, if 4, K100 to V1321,...if f, K1111 to V1321. The EZText then displays V1321, which looks like the binary value of the first 4 inputs. I then added some pointers and increments so that it cycles through all the inputs and outputs 4 bits at a time. The EZText can then display 3 sets of words, so bits X0-X13 can be displayed on one line, ie:"X13-0 0000 1011 1100".