Red Lion HMI Displaying .csv File

woolie161

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi Everyone,
I am hoping a Red Lion Expert can point me in the right direction.
I am experimenting with data logging on a CR3000 10" screen V-3114.

I have set up the data log to sample a "Random Number" tag every 2 sec with 1800 samples. i.e. I get a new file every 2 minutes for 10 files.

All this is working. What I am trying to achieve, is to display data within the log file .csv on the screen.
I have created a page using "File Viewer" and I have the "CSV" tick box selected, but when I view that page (Live in realtime),
The file name is listed but I cannot expand it to show the data contained in that file.
Is it possible to display the contents of a data log file (.csv format) on the HMI Screen?
Thanks
Woolie

FileViewer_Page_Live.jpg FileViewer_PageSetup.jpg Log1_List.jpg

I have used the file viewer before as a test and I don't recall having trouble with it. My log file was only sampling a few tags once per minute though. If I recall, the data appears on screen much the same way as it does in a browser which is literally as is text with the values and commas all sort of run together, so it wasn't user friendly enough for my purposes to leave there for operators to have to read.

If you click the link to the file in the browser Log List does the data show up correctly?

Can you show us how your Datalogger log is configured?

Hi OkiePC,
Thanks for your reply. It would appear the issue has been solved.
My college "borrowed" the 24VDC power supply, so the HMI was powered down.
When I re-instated, the power, I formatted the SD Card, optimised the database and started logging again. Now the ".csv" file will display the data as expected.
Even though the original data files had a file size of 1880 etc. (See image "Log1_List) maybe they didn't contain usable data.

Thank you again for your reply and your interest, but one or all of the above steps resolved the issue.
Woolie

Hi OkiePC,
Thanks for your reply. It would appear the issue has been solved.
My college "borrowed" the 24VDC power supply, so the HMI was powered down.
When I re-instated, the power, I formatted the SD Card, optimised the database and started logging again. Now the ".csv" file will display the data as expected.
Even though the original data files had a file size of 1880 etc. (See image "Log1_List) maybe they didn't contain usable data.

Thank you again for your reply and your interest, but one or all of the above steps resolved the issue.
Woolie

I have one Red Lion that does a shedton of data logging and uses FTP Sync to move the files and also has to retrieve and rename them to suit some proprietary maintenance management software that is too expensive and proud to search subfolders (Hach WIMS) so it occasionally will corrupt a csv file rendering it useless. That is probably what happened to yours.

Hey OkiePC,
I must admit, sometimes, when you get things working, it better to be happy with the "win", than get wound up worrying about the cause.
I think the skill is knowing when to worry and when to just accepct.
Thanks for the follow up.
Woolie