ballpark prices on AB stuff

russrmartin

Hey guys, can anyone give just some ballpark figures for the following.

Panelview Plus 700 touch terminal #2711-rn6

Then also, about how much would I be looking at fora compact logix set up for ethernet with 16 in and 16 outputs. It's too late to call all my vendors, and I'd like to have some sort of a # by morning.

Russ

You can get un-discounted prices from their website, and estimate if you know your discount ... I think we get about 30% off but it varies.

http://raise.rockwellautomation.com/RAConfig/resultsComponents.asp?CID=D88FE520A6C24C458F85E8A4AF3C41CC

Your PV700 part number needs work ... From ab.com, click on the Product Configuration/Selection link under "Resources" and type in your part number or browse the online catalog to find your part numbers and configure your controller. You'll end up at a page that shows retail prices, links to manuals and drawings.

Hope this helps,
Paul C.

I sent you a PM with list prices for the base model equipment for such a control system. I am too tired of elevmike's chorus to do this in public, and it's after midnight here.

Ken Roach said:
I sent you a PM with list prices for the base model equipment for such a control system. I am too tired of elevmike's chorus to do this in public, and it's after midnight here.

Ken, a chorus is usually refered as a refrain sung by a GROUP of 4 or more...

Anyway, I'll say this and leave it at that:

There are two basic aspects to doing a busniess model: 1) Product, and 2)Marketing.

I wouldnt say that the other guys have a better product line, but they do have a far more convienient way of marketing & supporting their products. Even though AD has only scratched the AB market share, an untreated scratch can quickly lead to a life threating infection. Think about it; The idea that Russ felt compelled to post this question on a forum seems to indicate theres a problem.

When working with your distributor, you should request 1.) List price book - it is published and should be given to you on request. You may find it on the AB website but I have not found it there. 2.) Your discount schedule. Depending on what type of buyer you are (OEM, special project) you will get a discount / multiplier for the various product lines.

Sheldn said:
When working with your distributor, you should request 1.) List price book - it is published and should be given to you on request. You may find it on the AB website but I have not found it there. 2.) Your discount schedule. Depending on what type of buyer you are (OEM, special project) you will get a discount / multiplier for the various product lines.

Note really a full price list but if you go to :
http://www.rockwellautomation.com/products/

There is a link to "Shop" on the lower left hand bar. You can type in p/n's and get list prices as mentioned above.