Prices

Yep here in the UK, energy prices have virtually doubled, due to the recent conflict in Ukraine, food prices have increased dramatically, I have noticed that although the current inflation rate is 10.1%, have noticed many items have increased by at least 20-25 %, my weekly main shop is virtually always the same products, others are purchased at specialty shops & do vary so difficult to see what price hikes are like there, on top of that a certain energy company in 2021 profits increased by 44%, the current prediction for the last quarter of 2022 & first quarter of 2023 (end of the 22/23 financial year) profits are predicted to be double the 2021/22 financial year.
As usual, it's all blamed on poor harvests, the pandemic & war, it gives into MSP's "Greedflation"

Don't forget council tax and most major phone networks have increased their prices by around 13% this year.
I have a child in nursery and they've increased their prices by 8% for the last two years, putting the price at around £44 per day and that's using the tax free childcare scheme.
House prices have also shot up a huge amount over the last 3 years, then mortgage rates have rocketed over the last year or so. Ours is at 1.8% but if we remortgaged today we couldn't get better than 4.1%.
I got a 4% pay increase last year.

Actually the plan now is to get 120+ acres, plant a massive garden, a small orchard of fruit trees, pasture for 2 cows and 4 pigs a year, raise chickens for meat and eggs, and have at least 20 acres of woodlot and hunting. Plus a nice stocked pond would do.
Goats, lamb, a dairy cow, turkeys, rabbits and ducks are on the list too
To not require diesel a couple of plow horses and a carriage horse
A quick off the cuff calculation (wild guess :)) says you will need to work 38 hours per day, have no time to enjoy the pond, you have to be up before sunrise to milk the cows, the rabbits will escape and decimate your garden, horses need new shoes every six months, goats stink, the ****erel will drive you crazy with its constant crowing, you will find that pigs become more like friends and you will struggle to get bacon, bees are in decline so your fruit trees won't get pollinated, you will also need a reservoir apart from the pond to supply your water requirements, a large wind and solar farm to power your house, the 120acres that isn't in food production will have to be cut back every few months, hedges/walls needs constant maintenance or the stock escapes, poaching is on the increase, and finally farmers tend to have a higher rate of suicide than the rest of the population. Are you sure you have thought this through :) :ROFLMAO:

Are you sure you have thought this through :) :ROFLMAO:

I left out 2 farm hands living on the property and 2 grown children probably with spouses by then, if not 2 more farmhands.

Think of the Chinese farmer way of getting free labor - breed them.

Also for planting and harvesting crops other farmers with the equipment will do it for a percentage of the harvest, so plant 20% more. And milling grain and slaughtering livestock can get done for a percentage, so grow and raise 25% more for that.

To cover everything it comes out to about 12 acres per person, 8 people = 100 acres, 20+ acres for the mentioned percentages.

Plus if more acreage could raise and grow more to sell or barter.

Personally the way things are going I think this is the only way to ensure you will have enough food to survive.

Last night I was helping a friend sort some clothes out to take to the charity shop, I found a receipt for a shop he did in May 2022 & yesterday he did a usual shop at the same supermarket, I wrote down the prices of the same items (note: for comparison only took the prices of items that were on both receipts) the 2022 shop in May for those items came to £41.23 the ones from this yesterday came to 55.52 so I can't be A&$£d to work out the percentage but that is a lot more than the rate of inflation, I know it is not a true reflection of the avarage rate of inflation but as energy prices have been hiked as with many others I wonder where the nerds at the office of national statistics get their data from. He only has the UK state pension which is rising by 10.1% in April this then goes up from £185.15 to £203.85 an increase of £18.70 per week or a month that is an increase of £80.97 per calendar month considering his average weekly shop for basics has gone up by £14.29 that leaves £4.41 per week to cover the costs of other things like energy, council tax, transport & other necessities he needs to live. He has a small amount of savings but currently he reckons he has to dig into this every month to survive & reckons at the current rate this will last about 5 years, with no other income, very little chance of getting even a part time job due to his mobility put in his own words "If I live to 76 I will be in real poverty".

Some are coming back down but yes some are really stupid 2080-IF2 I use them for my trainers (that I stopped selling) but even China is charging 2k for them, they list for 140

Its simple supply and demand, since the chip shortage once something runs low some dumb *** raises the prices by 1000% (and no not me)

I tried to buy some relays from Automation Direct yesterday but they are out of stock on everyone thats more than a SPST

To Paul's point, China and Brazil just made an agreement to stop using the USD for trade yesterday.... maybe they will use ******* :)