How To Read System Time

Jason Cheng

I am a beginner for Siemens S7 300 PLC.
I am having problems on how to read plc system time to synchronize with TP170A.

I have read throught many post but it did not help.
If using the SFC1 to read the time, how to define the Date_and_Time in DB?
How to synchronize with TP170A?

Is there any one can provide some sample on defining the DB and SFC1.

Jason.

PLucas,

I can read the date and time from the PLC now.
I still having problem as below:-

TP170A does not have the time base buffer, the time and date needed to be either set on the touch panel itself or it can be read from the PLC by using the tag.

If the date and time field is set from the touch panel itself without using any Tag, The time and date in the touch panel will be reset after the power failure.(have to set back every time after the power OFF and ON)

Currently i am using the Tag in the date and time field to read the PLC date and time. It works correctly. But... the discrete alarm date and time is totally different with the date and time appear in the date and time field.

Do you have the solution on this??

Jason.