vavle test

bahman

I have tested propotional valve(by applying of 24 volts directly to it) which its magnet is ok or no?, while the analog amplifier between the potentiometer and the valve is working.the output this valve feed some valves for turning cutter head(left or right). we have pressure relief valve on its the way.i have this question for you if we applyed 24 volts to propotional valve for testing of its magnet without analog amplifier card operation and as you know during my test only proved part of the system.do this test damage some where?

There is a conflict between our client and us to work on it.our client say without care input plc why you enargized it directly? please help me which is correct?

i appreciated your answer
thank you

I would say that by applying 24 volts directly to the solenoid probably wont hurt it as long as the solenoid is rated for 24 volts and 100% duty. A better test would be to prove out the proportional valve and the amplifier together. This can be done by manually appling a control signal to the amplifier. Check out what the amp gets from the PLC for a control signal, +/-10Vdc, 4-20ma, and find a power supply that you can emulate this with.

Will