ProTool: XGauge Control Problem

Beggar

Hello.

First off, I'm a relative novice with ProTool but getting better all the time. That said, I'm trying to include a control that shows a Green-Yellow-Red band to indicate "OK-Caution-Yikes" and it appears that the only option is the XGauge control.

I've put the control in and set the ranges and it displays fine in my ProTool CS screens. However, on the HMI (TP 270), the color bands do not show up. The gauge does work (the needle tracks the input value) but the bands are not there.

Any suggestions?

I've put the control in and set the ranges and it displays fine in my ProTool CS screens. However, on the HMI (TP 270), the color bands do not show up. The gauge does work (the needle tracks the input value) but the bands are not there.

Hi

I Like to say, do this and that, then it start working -> but unfortunately is doesn't work! Is it "feature" what you cannot use ;)

Thanks, Pete.

That's pretty lame. I'd expect more from a company like Siemens. Do you know of any controls to simulate the same behavior?

Well, while waiting for a response from Siemens, I've come up with the following work-around:

1) Take a screen-shot of the control from the CS
2) Edit it to remove everything except the color bands
3) Insert it as a picture
4) Put the gauge over the picture oriented so that the color bands are on the outside of the gauge.

It's a lot of work if you need to change your values. It also eats up memory and slows down the screen loading.

I just tried an XGauge Control on a TP270-6 and the normal, warning, danger colors did not show up. I looked in the help files under "How to configure analog displays" and found the following note in the section about entering values and colors for the danger and warning scale ranges:
"On operating units running in Windows CE, the areas exhibiting different colors are not displayed."
I believe all TP270s run Windows CE, so your lack of color is normal.

If you do not want to live with the work around you created, could you use the bar tool instead? You could set the multiplexing tag to the same value you use for the bar value and then set your three zones. You can set the foreground color to green, yellow, and red. The effect would be similar.